Things to Look for When Purchasing a Commercial SafeMarch 23, 2020
Ensuring that the business premises and its resources are well secured must be the utmost priority of every commercial establishment owner. One of the ways to do so is to avail of a commercial safe to store vital business items. Sensitive items like legal documents can get damaged by fire and heat, but commercial safes are designed to withstand such damages to a large extent and protect your vital documents. Below are things to look for when purchasing a commercial safe.
Check Commercial Safe Security Ratings
Commercial safe security rating is the first thing you should consider when choosing a commercial safe. There are governing bodies for commercial and residential safe security ratings.
Look out for Burglary Safety and Fire Safety Provisions
The burglary rating simply indicates how to protect your items break-ins, theft and crack-ins. It indicates the rating of a safe against physical attempts to damage a safe. The “B” rate safe tends to be the most vulnerable and it is recommended for residential use, for the keeping of less valuable items.
Other Factors to Consider when Choosing a Safe
The fire rating of a commercial safe is another factor you should consider when choosing one. The fire rating determines a safe’s ability to protect stored items from fire and heat damage. There are three fire ratings for most commercial safes, these are the half hour rate, one-hour rate, and two-hour rate. A half hour rate safe can protect its contents, including paper documents for up to 30 minutes against fire and heat. This safe can resist heat and fire at up to 1500 °F. The one-hour rate safe can protect a valuable item for up to an hour without opening or damaging the item inside. The two-hour rate safe can resist the impact of fire, heat, and explosion for up to two hours.
Ensure Proper Installation Provisions
Buying the ideal safe for your need is the first step to take, having it installed properly is another step you need to consider. It is important to work with a professional locksmith technician to install an anti-picking and anti-bumping safe that will secure your valuables efficiently. Please contact professional locksmith services.
Purchase a reliable and efficient commercial safe for your business from Glenferrie Locksmiths. Glenferrie Locksmiths are one of the most trusted locksmiths in Melbourne. We hire only highly trained and trustworthy security technicians and locksmiths, who can secure residential and commercial properties with high-end security systems and state of the art lock solutions that will effectively deter and stop break-ins.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Reasons Why Businesses Should Invest in High End Security Systems
- Things to Look for When Purchasing a Commercial Safe
- Tips from a Professional Locksmith: How to Choose a Deadbolt Lock
- Protect Your Business Assets by Hiring Professional Locksmiths
- Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Locksmith Services
- Hiring Locksmiths: Why Not Settle for Cheap Services?
- Five Situations When Rekeying Locks is Necessary
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…