Tips from a Professional Locksmith: How to Choose a Deadbolt LockMarch 13, 2020
Keeping your house or premises secure is vital in ensuring everything is safe. All your assets and essentials will be safe from burglars and intruders. There are several measures you can take to ensure everything is safe. One of them is incorporating a deadbolt lock in your entry doors. A deadbolt lock is a physical security standard for protecting exterior doors. When selecting a deadbolt to protect your business, there are several factors that you should consider. Below are tips from a professional locksmith on how to choose a deadbolt lock.
You should look for the best brand of deadbolt lock. There are so many companies out there that produce this type of locks, but not all of them bring out what is considered to be of good quality. Some may give intruders an easy time breaking into your premises. Look for some of the top brands in the market. Various sites have listed them. Check the reviews before making your purchase.
You also need to consider the price of the deadbolt lock you want to purchase. Rates usually vary from one type to another. Quality brands are expensive compared to the rest. You should be ready to spend more on the security of your premises. Save some money to get the best locks for your home.
Type of Door
The kind of doors in your home or premises will help you pick the best deadbolt lock. Make sure you have stronger doors and also one with the right frames before deciding to buy this type of lock. Having it on a weaker door will be of no good use as intruders will still have an easy time breaking into your premises.
You should look for a quality type that will give them a difficult time trying to gain access to your home. The deadbolt lock is one of the best to buy. It is a type of lock that is opened using a key and a lock. This type of clock cannot be damaged easily or opened by force.
Deadbolt Lock Type
Deadbolts come in both double and single cylinder models. A double cylinder deadbolt requires a key to operate the deadbolt from either side of the door. A single cylinder deadbolt can be locked or unlocked from inside by a thumb turn.
Conventional security wisdom has dictated that double cylinder deadbolts be used on doors with windows. This eliminates the danger of someone breaking the glass and reaching inside to unlock your door. However, there are a few reasons to re-think this approach and use a single cylinder deadbolt in most applications.
The first reason is a concern for life safety. A double cylinder deadbolt may prevent you from exiting quickly in case of emergency. You don't want to be fumbling for a key when your building is burning. Some manufacturers do make a "captive thumb turn" key - basically, a removable thumb turn that transforms the lock from a single to a double cylinder. But the fact that the thumb-turn can be removed means that it may not be handy when you need it.
The second reason to reconsider this policy is the strength of modern windows. Back when single-pane glass was the norm, the single cylinder deadbolt was a bigger risk. The glass on the majority of newer doors is nowhere near as flimsy.
Avail your deadbolt locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths. We specialise in helping businesses and residents secure their premises with high-end security systems, providing hi-tech solutions to age old problems.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Are Restricted Key Systems Ideal for Offices?
- Reliable Warehouse Locks and Locking System: Why Is This Very Important?
- 5 Major Reasons Why You Need to Hire a Professional Locksmith to Rekey Your Melbourne Home
- Why Property Managers Should Hire Professional Locksmiths
- Master Key vs. Restricted Key System Differences
- Why Do Electronic Door Locks Continue to Be Popular in Homes and Businesses?
- What are the Benefits of Keyless Entry for Your Home?
- The Importance of Business Premise Security During Off-hours and Shutdown
- The Importance of Lock Quality When Fitting in Factories
- Door Security Fittings: Ideas that Will Help Enhance Your Door Security
- What Should You Expect from a Locksmith Company?
- Reasons Why Businesses Should Invest in High End Security Systems
- Things to Look for When Purchasing a Commercial Safe
- Tips from a Professional Locksmith: How to Choose a Deadbolt Lock
- Protect Your Business Assets by Hiring Professional Locksmiths
- Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Locksmith Services
- Hiring Locksmiths: Why Not Settle for Cheap Services?
- Five Situations When Rekeying Locks is Necessary
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…