What are the Benefits of Keyless Entry for Your Home?June 29, 2020
The locks of our doors are intended to protect us from any intruders or unwanted people from coming into our homes. To date, there are numerous types of locks that homeowners can utilise. Some of these types include five-lever mortice deadlock, multi-point lock system, euro-cylinder lock, key-operated security bolts, and many more. Most of these locks maximise keys as the main way to access the doors. However, years of technological advancements have paved the way for the emergence of keyless entry locks.
Keyless entry locks are now becoming popular since numerous homeowners are starting to integrate every smart device and equipment that they can buy and install. Keyless entry locks are, in some ways, the result of years of innovation towards improving the overall home security.
If you are thinking of buying and installing keyless entry locks for your home, then here are some of their benefits that you may experience once you get hold of them.
Homeowners who use conventional key locks must always bring their keys just to enter or lock their doors. The installation of keyless entry locks, however, enables homeowners to conveniently access their homes without inserting any keys. With certain types of keyless entry locks, the only thing homeowners must do is to pair their locks to an application that will be downloaded and installed on their smartphones. Just by a few taps on the phone, they can easily lock or unlock the door without the need for a physical key. Other types of keyless entry locks utilise passcodes, pins, or even fingerprints.
One downside of conventional locks is that they are often difficult to integrate with modern security systems. This specific disadvantage can cost your security and protection since having poor security over your doors can easily eliminate the usefulness of other security systems. Fortunately, keyless entry locks can be connected to numerous security systems like CCTV cameras, sensors, and alarms. Moreover, they can also be set to trigger a time-determined lock and other necessary lock actions.
Another important benefit of keyless entry locks is that they provide a beefed-up security system over the conventional ones. There will be times where we would most likely forget to lock our doors due to quick errands. Luckily, keyless entry locks that are manufactured today can be often programmed to work with other alarms and sensors that you have at home. So, imagine having a home that can automatically lock itself once your whole security system has not detected any movements for several minutes. Another security benefit of keyless entry locks is that some of them can generate random access codes that can only be accessed by the homeowner.
Traditional locks often get damaged easily since they are repetitively inserted by keys, which can shake the locking units over and over again. Keyless entry locks, on the other hand, can solely rely on apps and connections available between them and the homeowner. Homeowners can easily unlock the keyless entry lock by launching an app or tapping the smartphone on the keypad. With this action, keyless entry locks are expected to have a longer service life than some conventional locks.
For more information about keyless entry locks, feel free to contact us at Glenferrie Locksmiths. We specialise in helping businesses and residents secure their premises with high-end security systems, providing hi-tech solutions to age-old problems.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What are the Benefits of Keyless Entry for Your Home?
- The Importance of Business Premise Security During Off-hours and Shutdown
- The Importance of Lock Quality When Fitting in Factories
- Door Security Fittings: Ideas that Will Help Enhance Your Door Security
- What Should You Expect from a Locksmith Company?
- Reasons Why Businesses Should Invest in High End Security Systems
- Things to Look for When Purchasing a Commercial Safe
- Tips from a Professional Locksmith: How to Choose a Deadbolt Lock
- Protect Your Business Assets by Hiring Professional Locksmiths
- Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Locksmith Services
- Hiring Locksmiths: Why Not Settle for Cheap Services?
- Five Situations When Rekeying Locks is Necessary
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…