5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not IgnoreMay 11, 2021
To ensure the security of properties, property owners should make sure that their door locks will be functional all the time. Additionally, door locks must be checked and maintained regularly so that any issues or problems can be resolved before they could cause more troubles in the future.
After all, door lock problems can weaken the overall security and safety of all people inside the affected properties. They can likewise risk the occurrence of property damages, missing assets, and other issues that can only be done by intruders and burglars. Given these consequences, property owners should truly prioritise their locks and do everything just to keep their properties safe and secured.
Loose Locks and Handles
Door locks, doorknobs and door handles should all be intact so that intruders cannot access them right away. However, if some of these components start to loosen up and eventually fall apart, then expect them to cause some more problems. Loose door locks, doorknobs, and door handles are usually caused by extended periods of usage. And as these problems arise, the chance of getting locked out of the property gets higher. Loose door components can also make a property vulnerable against break-ins.
Broken Locks and Handles
To fix this specific problem, property owners may want to check first if the screws are tightened. However, if the screws and door components are already broken, then they may want to replace them with new ones. At this point, they can contact a professional locksmith for proper installation.
Jammed locks and latches can cause troubles to properties, especially when it comes to the overall security and protection of the property. They often happen whenever there is a build-up of debris inside these components. With the continuous accumulation of the debris, it can ultimately clog the internal parts of the locks and latches. Broken locks and latches can also cause jamming.
To fixed jammed locks and latches, property owners should look for any signs of debris build-up. Once it is located, they should now clean the keyway and remove all dirt and obstructions inside the locks and latches. The application of lubricant can easily remove debris build-up and fix the locks right away. Replacement of locks and latches, alternatively, must be done if there are no signs of debris.
Another common lock problem that affects a lot of properties is the occurrence of misaligned locks. Locks that are misaligned normally have components that are not lined up properly, which hampers their ability to perform door core functions. Some of the components that are usually involved in this type of problem include the latch and the locking bolt. Misaligned locks may happen if the door locks are not installed properly. Warping of doors and door frames can also result in misaligned locks.
Fortunately, misaligned locks are easy to fix. Property owners can tighten the screws in the hinges so that the door can be adjusted to the correct height and configuration. Alternatively, they can adjust the alignment of the strike plate so it can line up properly with the latch or door lock bolt.
If you want to take control of your old home but you aren't ready to jump toward smart or keyless locks, you can have your entire property rekeyed. Rekeying your locks is a simple process that a reputable locksmith can tackle for you. Rekeying a lock involves changing the internal components around rather than replacing the entire system.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Lock Rekeying vs New Locks: What Are Their Differences and Which Option is Better for You?
- Ideal Lock Set System Features for Multi-Unit Buildings
- Four Most Efficient Ways to Ensure Bump-Free Locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- Know the Most Ideal Safe Lock Mechanisms from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- The Basics of Tubular Locks and How They Can Best Secure Your Property
- Things to Consider in Assessing the Reliability of Your Residential Locksmith
- Commercial Property Security: Lock System Must Haves for Office Units and Businesses
- What are the Common Causes of Lock Failures and How to Avoid Them?
- How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your Home
- How Can Homeowners Ensure Maximum Lock Security for Ongoing Construction Projects?
- 5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not Ignore
- Things You Need to Know in Choosing the Right Locksmith for Your Home
- Things You Need to Know about Installing a Security Safe in Your Home
- What is Locksmith Fraud and How to Avoid Dealing with Them?
- What is a Master Key System and Its Importance in a Commercial Space?
- Pros and Cons of Keyless Entry for Homes
- How to Fix Common Lock Problems
- 4 Situations that Call for Replacing Office Locks
- Odds of Home Burglary and How Certain Locks Can Prevent It
- Benefits of Using Digital Smart Locks for Your Melbourne Home
- Step by Step Process of Designing Master Key Systems
- View all articles…
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…