How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your HomeJune 8, 2021
Keeping your house or premises secure is vital in ensuring everything is safe. All your assets and essentials will be safe from burglars and intruders. There are several measures you can take to ensure everything is safe. One of them is incorporating a lock in your entry doors. A lock is a physical security standard for protecting exterior doors. When selecting a to protect your business, there are several factors that you should consider. Below are tips from a professional locksmith on how to choose a lock.
Check the Best Brand
You should look for the best brand of lock. There are so many companies out there that produce this type of locks, but not all of them bring out what is considered to be of good quality. Some may give intruders an easy time breaking into your premises. Look for some of the top brands in the market. Various sites have listed them. Check the reviews before making your purchase.
Consider the Cost
You also need to consider the price of the lock you want to purchase. Rates usually vary from one type to another. Quality brands are expensive compared to the rest. You should be ready to spend more on the security of your premises. Save some money to get the best locks for your home.
Type of Door
The kind of doors in your home or premises will help you pick the best lock. Make sure you have stronger doors and also one with the right frames before deciding to buy this type of lock. Having it on a weaker door will be of no good use as intruders will still have an easy time breaking into your premises.
Ensure Good Quality
You should look for a quality type that will give them a difficult time trying to gain access to your home. The lock is one of the best to buy. It is a type of lock that is opened using a key and a lock. This type of clock cannot be damaged easily or opened by force.
Identify Lock Type
Locks come in both double and single cylinder models. A double cylinder requires a key to operate the from either side of the door. A single cylinder can be locked or unlocked from inside by a thumb turn. Conventional security wisdom has dictated that double cylinder s be used on doors with windows. This eliminates the danger of someone breaking the glass and reaching inside to unlock your door. However, there are a few reasons to re-think this approach and use a single cylinder in most applications.
The first reason is a concern for life safety. A double cylinder may prevent you from exiting quickly in case of emergency. You don't want to be fumbling for a key when your building is burning. Some manufacturers do make a "captive thumb turn" key - basically, a removable thumb turn that transforms the lock from a single to a double cylinder. But the fact that the thumb-turn can be removed means that it may not be handy when you need it.
The second reason to reconsider this policy is the strength of modern windows. Back when single-pane glass was the norm, the single cylinder was a bigger risk. The glass on the majority of newer doors is nowhere near as flimsy. Check out Glenferrie Locksmiths. We specialise in helping businesses and residents secure their premises with high-end security systems, providing hi-tech solutions to age old problems.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Lock Rekeying vs New Locks: What Are Their Differences and Which Option is Better for You?
- Ideal Lock Set System Features for Multi-Unit Buildings
- Four Most Efficient Ways to Ensure Bump-Free Locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- Know the Most Ideal Safe Lock Mechanisms from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- The Basics of Tubular Locks and How They Can Best Secure Your Property
- Things to Consider in Assessing the Reliability of Your Residential Locksmith
- Commercial Property Security: Lock System Must Haves for Office Units and Businesses
- What are the Common Causes of Lock Failures and How to Avoid Them?
- How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your Home
- How Can Homeowners Ensure Maximum Lock Security for Ongoing Construction Projects?
- 5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not Ignore
- Things You Need to Know in Choosing the Right Locksmith for Your Home
- Things You Need to Know about Installing a Security Safe in Your Home
- What is Locksmith Fraud and How to Avoid Dealing with Them?
- What is a Master Key System and Its Importance in a Commercial Space?
- Pros and Cons of Keyless Entry for Homes
- How to Fix Common Lock Problems
- 4 Situations that Call for Replacing Office Locks
- Odds of Home Burglary and How Certain Locks Can Prevent It
- Benefits of Using Digital Smart Locks for Your Melbourne Home
- Step by Step Process of Designing Master Key Systems
- View all articles…
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…