Apartment Door Lock Security: Renters Top-most ConcernJune 17, 2019
As a renter, you feel like you are at the whims of your landlord with regard to your safety. Fortunately, this isn't entirely the case. While you no doubt have to follow certain rules and regulations, as laid out by your lease, you do still have the freedom to take your security into your own hands. If you are currently renting a home or apartment, you owe it to yourself to pay attention to your door lock security. There are a variety of ways that an established locksmith, such as any member of our team here at Glenferrie Locksmiths, can help you to accomplish this goal. Let's take a look at a few ways you can enhance your apartment's security.
Apartment Door Lock Security Upgrades
If you live in an apartment, you should know that you very likely aren't the only person with a key to your room. Unless you are the first person to move into the building, the odds are good that numerous tenants have come through before you. Any of those prior tenants may still possess a copy of your door's key. Pretty scary, right? Fortunately, with the help from a qualified locksmith, you can put those fears to rest. Here is what a locksmith can do to shore up your apartment's security.
1) Rekeyed Locks - Let's say that you are not allowed to install a completely new lock on your door. If you want to maximise your security without breaking the bank, you can hire a locksmith to re-key your locks. Rekeying is the act of changing the internal components of a lock in order to fit an entirely new key. In just an hour or so, you'll have a unique lock with a brand-new key.
2) Deadbolt Installation - There is a reason that deadbolt locks have retained their popularity over the years. Deadbolt locks are incredibly secure and easy to install. Opt for a Grade 1 deadlock in order to enjoy enhanced security benefits. A deadbolt will be installed alongside your door's regular locking mechanism. Remember to ensure that you have permission to make modifications to your door before having a deadbolt lock installed.
3) Smart Locks - Finally, you can consider installing a keyless locking system. Smart locks have started to gain popularity in the rental world thanks to their ease-of-installation. Smart locks can be communicated with via a mobile device, such as your phone, which makes the need for a second key all but moot.
Your home's security should be your priority, even when you live in an apartment. Refer to your lease in order to make sure that you are allowed to modify your door's locking mechanisms. When you are sure that you have permission, give a reputable locksmith a call to perform the upgrades!
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Four Most Efficient Ways to Ensure Bump-Free Locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- Know the Most Ideal Safe Lock Mechanisms from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- The Basics of Tubular Locks and How They Can Best Secure Your Property
- Things to Consider in Assessing the Reliability of Your Residential Locksmith
- Commercial Property Security: Lock System Must Haves for Office Units and Businesses
- What are the Common Causes of Lock Failures and How to Avoid Them?
- How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your Home
- How Can Homeowners Ensure Maximum Lock Security for Ongoing Construction Projects?
- 5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not Ignore
- Things You Need to Know in Choosing the Right Locksmith for Your Home
- Things You Need to Know about Installing a Security Safe in Your Home
- What is Locksmith Fraud and How to Avoid Dealing with Them?
- What is a Master Key System and Its Importance in a Commercial Space?
- Pros and Cons of Keyless Entry for Homes
- How to Fix Common Lock Problems
- 4 Situations that Call for Replacing Office Locks
- Odds of Home Burglary and How Certain Locks Can Prevent It
- Benefits of Using Digital Smart Locks for Your Melbourne Home
- Step by Step Process of Designing Master Key Systems
- View all articles…
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…