Five Situations When Rekeying Locks is NecessaryJanuary 6, 2020
Ensuring security should be the utmost priority in both residential and commercial establishments. Not only does it prevent you from incurring additional expenses due to lost or stolen items, it also assures you that no harm will be done to your family and employees. The barrier between safety and vulnerability lies solely on your security system, for example - locks. Incidents that lead to these systems being damaged or compromised should not be tolerated. You should be able to monitor the condition of your security system and be aware at all times if it does not function the way it is supposed to. Below are five situations when rekeying locks is necessary.
When burglars target homes, they usually focus on the breaking in by tampering with the locks. Whether they succeed or not, this tampering can cause severe problems to the lock that can make it easier for another break-in to occur or prevent it from working properly. Be mindful of your locks and ensure that they are in good working condition for maximum security.
Relocating to a New Property
If you’ve recently moved into a new home, hire a mobile locksmith to change all of the locks on the property. Even if you trust who you purchased the home from, there’s always a chance that an unknown third party still has keys to the property.
Misplaced or Stolen Keys
The simplest way to address missing or stolen keys may be to use a spare set or hire a locksmith to replace them. However, taking this approach still means that someone has access to your home. This danger may be even more present if the keys were lost or stolen along with personal identification that lists your address—such as your driver’s license. For this reason, it’s best to have the locks rekeyed immediately.
Occupant or Staff Changes
Whether you’ve had to kick out a troublesome roommate or have finalized a challenging divorce, having people leave your home is usually a good time to have locks rekeyed. In some cases, these individuals may use their keys to re-enter the property—and even take items in the process.
Old and Non-Functional Locks
After several years of repetitive use, door locks scan start to experience wear that affects their internal mechanisms. As these systems age or experience damage, they become easier to pick and present a higher risk of jamming. To simplify your security, have a mobile locksmith come to your house to replace any locks that aren’t completely intact.
Avail of rekeying services from Glenferrie Locksmiths. We specialise in helping businesses and residents secure their premises with high-end security systems, providing hi-tech solutions to age old problems. We deal with all types of locks, safes and security key-systems across Melbourne.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Four Most Efficient Ways to Ensure Bump-Free Locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- Know the Most Ideal Safe Lock Mechanisms from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- The Basics of Tubular Locks and How They Can Best Secure Your Property
- Things to Consider in Assessing the Reliability of Your Residential Locksmith
- Commercial Property Security: Lock System Must Haves for Office Units and Businesses
- What are the Common Causes of Lock Failures and How to Avoid Them?
- How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your Home
- How Can Homeowners Ensure Maximum Lock Security for Ongoing Construction Projects?
- 5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not Ignore
- Things You Need to Know in Choosing the Right Locksmith for Your Home
- Things You Need to Know about Installing a Security Safe in Your Home
- What is Locksmith Fraud and How to Avoid Dealing with Them?
- What is a Master Key System and Its Importance in a Commercial Space?
- Pros and Cons of Keyless Entry for Homes
- How to Fix Common Lock Problems
- 4 Situations that Call for Replacing Office Locks
- Odds of Home Burglary and How Certain Locks Can Prevent It
- Benefits of Using Digital Smart Locks for Your Melbourne Home
- Step by Step Process of Designing Master Key Systems
- View all articles…
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…