What are Tubular Locks?October 10, 2018
Whether you own a sprawling mansion or a small apartment, the safety and security of the inhabitants of your home must reign paramount above all. Here at Glenferrie Locksmiths, we understand the importance of safety when it comes to your property. We also understand the importance of information and the peace of mind that can come with it. Today, we are going to talk about a specific type of lock that you might end up using in your home or business: the tubular lock. While you might not be familiar with the tubular lock by name, we're sure that with a little more information you'll realise how important that they are.
An Overview of Tubular Locks
When we talk about locking mechanisms, many people probably have their minds instantly shift to deadbolt locks or the massive locks from old movies that require nothing more than a lockpick in order to defeat. Tubular locks don't fit into either category and the truth is that they have a variety of different names and uses that people probably know them by. Also known as a Radial Lock, or a Circle Pin Tumbler, tubular locks are known for the round shape of their keyhole. Okay, so we know what they look like but how do tubular locks actually work?
1. The Locking Mechanism Of A Tubular Lock Explained
The reason that these locks are called tubular locks is simply due to the face of the keyway, not due to what is going on beneath the face of the locking mechanism. Tubular locks have a metal cylinder located in the middle of the ring gap and beneath that, you'll find the traditional tumbler system which can feature up to eight pins. These key pins are pushed horizontally rather than vertically like your traditional locks featuring pins and tumblers.
2. What are the Benefits of Tubular Locks
Tubular locks are incredibly interesting not just from a functional standpoint but also from a historical one. Tubular locks haven't been in heavy rotation since the '60s and '70s during the peak of their production at Ace's facilities. The fact that they've been phased out is actually ideal because they are completely foreign to most traditional burglars. Tubular locks are hard to pick and even harder to break which makes them ideal for securing your home. Tubular locks are also easy to install and easy for professional locksmiths to work with.
Here at Glenferrie Locksmiths, we are dedicated to providing you with top-notch quality service to go along with the tools and products that you need in order to stay safe and secure.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Four Most Efficient Ways to Ensure Bump-Free Locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- Know the Most Ideal Safe Lock Mechanisms from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- The Basics of Tubular Locks and How They Can Best Secure Your Property
- Things to Consider in Assessing the Reliability of Your Residential Locksmith
- Commercial Property Security: Lock System Must Haves for Office Units and Businesses
- What are the Common Causes of Lock Failures and How to Avoid Them?
- How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your Home
- How Can Homeowners Ensure Maximum Lock Security for Ongoing Construction Projects?
- 5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not Ignore
- Things You Need to Know in Choosing the Right Locksmith for Your Home
- Things You Need to Know about Installing a Security Safe in Your Home
- What is Locksmith Fraud and How to Avoid Dealing with Them?
- What is a Master Key System and Its Importance in a Commercial Space?
- Pros and Cons of Keyless Entry for Homes
- How to Fix Common Lock Problems
- 4 Situations that Call for Replacing Office Locks
- Odds of Home Burglary and How Certain Locks Can Prevent It
- Benefits of Using Digital Smart Locks for Your Melbourne Home
- Step by Step Process of Designing Master Key Systems
- View all articles…
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…