Why Do Electronic Door Locks Continue to Be Popular in Homes and Businesses?July 14, 2020
Homeowners and business owners install hefty security measures and solutions on their respective homes and business facilities right away to make everything safe and secure. They install different security measures so that any attempts of burglary will be prevented. Aside from safety and security, these property owners would also install security solutions that are convenient and versatile so that any hassle and difficulties will be lessened significantly.
For a very long time, basic pin-and-tumbler doors locks have been phenomenal in offering safety and security against burglars and intruders. However, the continuous evolution of technology has pushed them aside to pave the way to the growth of the newer generation of locks. While they can still provide adequate safety and protection against harmful elements, these conventional locks do not offer the same convenience and enhanced security that are both present with the modern generation of locks.
One type of lock that is now becoming popular in most homes and businesses is electronic door locks. These locks are now utilised by a lot of property owners due to the following reasons:
Easier Installation Requirements
Electronic locks were not fully embraced by lock companies before since their installation, repairs, and maintenance all require special training and that their whole principles involve a lot of familiarisation and adjustments. But as the times pass by, electronic locks have become so much common that almost all homes and businesses are installed with these locks. These new locks now have a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and appearances that can easily match the needs of a property. The requirements of their installation and repairs, as well as the accompanying expenses, have also been eased significantly.
Broader Set of Security Features
Conventional locks can only be accessed with a key. While it is truly secure, the lack of any more options and added types of integration with these locks make them somewhat old-fashioned. Electronic locks, on the other hand, can be combined with a management program that ties in with other security solutions available in a property. This program can be also accessed remotely through software or an app, making it possible for property owners to check and lock specific facilities even if they are not within the vicinity. Locking and unlocking doors remotely are just plain impossible with conventional locks.
Greater Control Over Door Locks
Aside from locking and unlocking the doors, the apps for electronic locks can also register the credentials of the people who can enter the building through smart cards, access wristbands, or fingerprints. This accessibility feature can be helpful for family members who are always going in and out of their homes. As for commercial facilities, this feature helps employees get into certain parts of the building without bothering the business owner with door access. The need to change the lock when someone lost their card or any other door access is also avoided since you can easily revoke them and register a new one.
Having electronic locks in your home, office, or other facilities can help your property attain greater security and safety. For electronic lock installations and other services, feel free to contact us at Glenferrie Locksmiths.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Four Most Efficient Ways to Ensure Bump-Free Locks from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- Know the Most Ideal Safe Lock Mechanisms from Glenferrie Locksmiths
- The Basics of Tubular Locks and How They Can Best Secure Your Property
- Things to Consider in Assessing the Reliability of Your Residential Locksmith
- Commercial Property Security: Lock System Must Haves for Office Units and Businesses
- What are the Common Causes of Lock Failures and How to Avoid Them?
- How to Choose the Right Kinds of Lock for Your Home
- How Can Homeowners Ensure Maximum Lock Security for Ongoing Construction Projects?
- 5 Door Lock Problems that You Must Not Ignore
- Things You Need to Know in Choosing the Right Locksmith for Your Home
- Things You Need to Know about Installing a Security Safe in Your Home
- What is Locksmith Fraud and How to Avoid Dealing with Them?
- What is a Master Key System and Its Importance in a Commercial Space?
- Pros and Cons of Keyless Entry for Homes
- How to Fix Common Lock Problems
- 4 Situations that Call for Replacing Office Locks
- Odds of Home Burglary and How Certain Locks Can Prevent It
- Benefits of Using Digital Smart Locks for Your Melbourne Home
- Step by Step Process of Designing Master Key Systems
- View all articles…
- Is Your Front Door at Risk of a Break-in? Have it Checked by Professional Locksmiths
- From Conventional to Digital Locks: Technological Evolution in Locksmithing
- View all articles…
- Pros and Cons of Restricted Key System vs. Standard Locks
- Security Tips for Factories When Moving to a New Location
- View all articles…